Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Pregnancy #3 Update: 31 Weeks

 photo HKE_0816_zpsojwt80rr.jpg

How far along? 31 weeks 4 days
Total weight gain/loss? About 33 pounds gained.
How big is baby? Size of a pineapple. Over 16 inches long and about 3 pounds. All 5 of his senses are in fine working order and his irises even react to light.
Stretch marks? I don't think so. I've been rubbing almond oil on my tummy fairly religiously after every shower. Hopefully that keeps them at bay.
Sleep? What's that? But seriously sleep is a sore subject with me right now. Sore for more than one reason. The RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) I had later in my pregnancy with Reuben has reared its ugly head again just in the past couple of weeks. Its not as bad this time *knock on wood* but its enough to keep me up some nights. And Andrew too with all of the tossing and turning I do. Add to that my temperature is sky high all the time and I feel like I'm burning up. It gets worse at night so my solution is to sleep almost nude with no covers and the AC turned down a bit lower than usual. That last part was a compromise with Andrew since he's always cold at night. I really would like to sleep with the ceiling fan on as well but that was a no go with him.
Fitness? Nothing's changed here. The only work out I get is running after Reuben when he tries to run and hide from me when I've told him to do something. Ahhh that kid.
Best moment this week? Having the young (good looking) guy at the Walmart checkout ask me "another one?!" as I started putting my groceries on the belt. I was confused at first thinking he recognized me from a previous trip or something (yes, I do shop there at least twice a week) and was making fun of my shopping habits. But then he looked at my belly and grinned at me so I grinned right back and told him "yup, another one!" As I was walking out to the car that interaction made me realize I'm going to have 3 kids very soon! Holy cow!
Miss anything? Uninterrupted sleep. Being able to play on the floor with my kids. Letting them sit in my lap. Running around with them. Lily expressed her desire to run around again with me after the baby is born. That was a bittersweet moment hearing that from her.
Food cravings/aversions? I'm still enjoying spicy foods. No aversions whatsoever.
Anything making you queasy or sick? No.
Current Symptoms? Still having Braxton Hicks contractions every day. I've been having round ligament pains since about week 25ish. I didn't have them with my previous pregnancies and when I described them to the nurse she said that's what they were. I've had a couple days where it hurt to walk at all and I sat for most of the day. Thankfully they've let up a bit and I noticed recently that they get worse when I've been sitting for a while and then when I go to stand they flare up. So I try to take a break and stand and stretch if I have to sit anywhere for a while and then I'm ok. My ribs hurt occasionally from this little guy kicking me. I'm noticing its easy to wear myself out now. I feel really great for the most part so I overestimate my endurance, plan a busy day out with the kids, and then regret it the next day.
Belly button in or out? Its been an outie for a while now!
Wedding rings on or off? Still off.
Mood? I've found myself losing my patience with the kids recently and I hate myself for it. I'm feeling big and its awkward to move around, get up and down and chase two kids around. I'm not really complaining though since this pregnancy has been going very well so far. I feel very blessed that I've had the energy I've had to be able to keep up with two little ones. But I'm ready to meet this little guy now and get my old body back.

I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by! Do I really only have 9 weeks (ok 8.5...give or take) left?!

I haven't made many preparations for this little guy's delivery yet which is making me a little nervous now that I think about it. Heck, we don't even have a name picked out yet! Not for lack of trying. We're just not agreeing on any names at this point. This child may not get named till after he's born. I think I'm ok with that as long as we have a list of potential ideas to bring with us to the hospital.

I start having doctor's appointments every two weeks from now on. I plan on bringing my birth plan with me to my next one. I'm blessed in that either Dr. Khan or her husband (who works in the practice with her) will be guaranteed to be there for this one's delivery. With Lily we went into the hospital on a weekend my doctor was not on call and we got whichever doctor was on call. I only saw him for the last 15 minutes it took to push Lily out and then he disappeared. With Reuben Dr. Khan was in the room with me from the moment they called her when I first arrived at the hospital till he was born three hours later. Its nice having that certainty.

I plan on going with the same birth plan as last time (which was followed almost perfectly) with a couple changes. I had an unmedicated, natural delivery with Reuben and except for a few minor things it was nearly perfect. The first change that I'm thinking of making is forgoing the saline lock that I got last time. The nurse who put it in was annoying me asking if she could put in every time I was having major contractions. She wasn't very patient about it and once it was in I was never hooked up to an IV and therefore never needed it. I kept hydrated by drinking a sip of water after each contraction. If everything goes well (no back labor like I had with Lily, which would make me rethink the no epidural decision) then I'll leave the saline lock on my plan and make a decision as things develop.

I requested intermittent monitoring last time which means they hook you up to the fetal monitoring machine by putting the bands on your belly and track the baby's heart rate and your contractions for 20-30 minutes and then take the bands off. When I was hooked up last time they realized the machine was broken and wasn't monitoring anything much less relaying the information to the nurses desk. I forgot about the band around my waist and it was never removed. This time I'm again going for intermittent monitoring unless the machine is broken again!

Last but not least, Andrew and I both agree that we'd like to go home as soon as possible if we have a normal labor and delivery and everything goes well. Both times previously we were talked into staying 48 hours. It was nice I'll admit to have all of your needs taken care of and not have to cook meals for a day or two. But the constant barrage of nurses coming in to check your vitals and look in on baby don't make it all that relaxing. I never can get completely comfortable in those hospital beds and I'm going to miss my kids like crazy.

This may be my last update due to the fact that its only my second one this pregnancy and I only have about 2 months left to go. Eh, maybe I'll squeeze in another one right at the end. We'll see.


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...