Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, September 19, 2014

4 Years Old

 photo V0000401-edited_zps06ab7382.jpg
^Taken on June 27 at 10 something am. Four years to the minute (plus a few) that she was born.^

Inspired by this idea I found on Pinterest I asked Lily these same questions last year and will ask her every year till she's oh, probably 18.

1. What is your favorite color? Pink
2. What is your favorite toy? A car
3. What is your favorite fruit? Apple
4. What is your favorite tv show/movie? Tinkerbell
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Macaroni and cheese
6. What is your favorite outfit? My bee dress
7. What is your favorite game? Pirate game (Lego video game)
8. What is your favorite snack? English muffin with peanut butter
9. What is your favorite animal? Giraffe
10. What is your favorite song? Cotton Eye' Joe
11. What is your favorite book? Panda book
12. Who is your best friend? Emilie
13. What is your favorite cereal? Cinnamon cereal (Chex)
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play with cars
15. What is your favorite drink? Orange juice
16. What is your favorite holiday? Birthday
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Sophie
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Cheerios
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Macaroni and cheese
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Go on the computer

For Lily's big day back in June we celebrated in much the same way as we did Reuben's. It was a quiet and relaxing afternoon just family, food and the great outdoors of Central Maine. Late morning we drove into town, picked up my sister Lydia, grabbed some food items at the supermarket and headed to the park for lunch. We were the only ones there and the kids had so much fun running around, playing on the playground and dunking their toes in the cold...nay...frigid pond. I am so appreciative that my children find immense pleasure in activities that don't require electronics of any kind. In fact they prefer to have their fun that way. Countless times I've watched Lily turn the TV off here at home and tell her brother "Let's go play outside!" We've consciously worked towards instilling in our children a love for nature and the joy that can be found in doing simple things like building blanket forts in the living room or having spray bottle battles outside. Its nice to see our efforts pay off.

But wow. My little girl is 4. Nobody warned me about 4 year olds. They have minds of their own. ;) Hers is pretty special. And opinionated. I'm enjoying learning how to parent a preschooler. Its challenging I'll give you that, but my goodness, is it ever rewarding. I'm never short on conversation around the house. She's an excellent conversationalist and brings up topics that I wouldn't have thought of and looks at things from an entirely unique perspective. I love the minds of children, as yet untouched by the expectations of the world. She makes my day brighter and I'm so happy for the privilege of calling her my daughter. Lily Bean, I love you sweetheart.

 photo V0000402_zps827d9464.jpg
 photo V0000415_zpsbd216817.jpg
 photo V0000797_zps69ded0c6.jpg
 photo V0000808_zps0d19c6de.jpg
 photo V0000816_zps01d9cdfd.jpg
 photo V0000845_zps20a52a71.jpg
 photo V0000914_zpsf9c9c6f0.jpg
 photo V0001021_zps69c48d40.jpg
 photo V0001054_zpsa3b926a0.jpg

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...