Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, August 08, 2013

Random Thoughts for The Day

...Andrew's contract at Disney ended about a month ago which means he no longer has to wake up at 4:30am and commute over an hour to work every day. This also means he can sleep in and be with the kids and I in the morning before he leaves for his other job...beekeeping. At first I didn't know how I would feel about him being home more because I'll be honest, after almost 12 years of marriage, I need time away from him and I think he feels the same. But it turns out I'm really enjoying this new routine of ours. Andrew leaves for work mid-morning and comes home in time for dinner. Occasionally he drops by the house for lunch or to grab something he forgot. Also, if he wants to go to work later or cut out early or take the day off he can just do it. That's the beauty of working for yourself. When he was working at Disney he left about 5:30am and often wasn't home before 6:30pm. And he couldn't take the day off unless it was a holiday. The only thing that I miss is being able to text him a list of things I need at the store and he would stop by the store on the way home and get them for me. There are no stores on the way back from where he's working now. Darn.

...We may be getting chickens some day soon. Andrew sent me a text out of the blue one afternoon asking me if I would be interested in buying a few chicks and raising them for eggs and maybe eventually meat. I only said "uh yes!!!" And so begins my dream of having a farm one day...

...My mom posted this link on Facebook yesterday. I read The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman years ago. Now they have a test on the book's website that will help you discover what your love language is. I took it and its still what it was when I first read the book. Mine is Words of Affirmation and Andrews' are Physical Touch and Words of Affirmation (it was an even match). Take the test and find out what yours is. Andrew's now going out of his way to tell me in the most obnoxious way how much he "affirms me" and I've been touching him as much as possible...even if its a casual fingertip to the leg while we're sitting on the couch reading. Because we're theatrical that way. haha!

...I've given up sweets...temporarily...sort of...cutting back...part time...I can't think about it too much or I'll totally rip the lid off that tub of frosting in the pantry and eat the whole thing. Seriously, its an addiction guys. And I'm having withdrawals. I wish I was joking. That's the only reason I can think of that I'm getting a few headaches a week when I would almost never get them. I can't wait till I can get to the point where I don't want to dive head first into a trough of Häagen-Dazs.

...This terrible three phase is giving me a run for my money. Can we just go back to the days when she accepted what I told her with no questions asked? And definitely no screaming, whining, hitting, and general temper tantrum throwing. I know, I know. Wishful thinking.

...I'm considering buying a pair of overall shorts I saw on the rack at Walmart. I know. Its Walmart. Plus, overall shorts?! Maybe its my childhood calling like back when I was 11 years old and all I wanted for my birthday was a pair of overalls. I begged and begged for them. And sure enough, a friend of my moms (I think) bought me a pair. They were bright yellow. I mean Man in The Yellow Pants kind of yellow. I was devastated. I hope I was gracious and thanked the lady despite my disappointment. I can't remember ever wearing them and I definitely don't have any pictures of me in them. Maybe this could be my second chance? :)

...I'm very grateful for Go Diego Go on Amazon Instant Video. Sometimes its the only way I can get a shower if I don't take my chance while Reuben is napping. Like today.

And now for a few irrelevant photos of my kids because what's a blog post without photos?

 photo DSC04045_zps829605f5.jpg
 photo DSC04022_zps13b14cb0.jpg
 photo DSC04027_zpsf051df5d.jpg
 photo DSC04060_zpsbd63a3ec.jpg
 photo DSC04000_zpsce418a5b.jpg

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...