Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, July 18, 2013

{Recipe} Vegan Gluten-Free Mac 'n' Cheese

 photo DSC01463_zps6e3d287b.jpg

When the kids are being picky about what food they will or or will not eat, I pull out this little gem of a recipe and in no time at all I have a yummy meal ready that they both love. If I steam up a veggie such as broccoli to go with it I won't even have any leftovers. I say all this because I think Reuben is starting to become selective about what foods he wants to eat. Up until now he'd eat almost anything I put in front of him, and plenty of it too. Yesterday I noticed however, that very small amounts seemed to make it into his mouth before the rest got swiped on to the floor. Either he's realized that he actually has a choice in the matter or he really enjoys pounding his tray and watching the food fall to the floor. I'm just glad he nurses so at least he's getting something during this phase. At least I hope its just a phase. Until it disappears I always have this recipe to fall back on. You can't go wrong with pasta in this household. Its hubby approved as well. ;)

Vegan Gluten-Free Mac 'n' Cheese

Adapted from Weelicious
Serves 4

Ingredients
4 cups gluten-free pasta, cooked
1/4 cup Earth Balance spread
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 cup almond or soy milk
2 tablespoons Bragg's liquid aminos or soy sauce
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Melt the Earth Balance spread in a small pot, turn heat off, add the rest of the ingredients and whisk until smooth.
3. Combine the sauce with warm pasta to coat and heat through.
4. Serve and enjoy!

 photo DSC01484_zpse4abf0ea.jpg
 photo DSC01471_zpse97a6652.jpg

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...