Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, May 20, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Mother's Day is quickly becoming one of my most favorite holidays. And not for any selfish reason either. To me its a day to spend with my reasons for celebrating...my kids...and my wonderful man who helped me make them. ;) No time spent alone at a spa getting a facial or my nails done for this girl. Instead there was a little bit of sleeping in (while Andrew cleaned the house and watched the kids no less), homemade pancakes for breakfast, playing in the sunshine with the kids (I worked on my tan), lunch at an all-you-can-eat buffet, car seat shopping for the little guy, new shoe purchases for little feet, window shopping and kids tucked into bed after which Andrew and I watched TV while cuddling on the couch. I set my camera aside for (most of) the day and just enjoyed spending time with those I love. I wouldn't have it any other way.

At one of the stores we stopped at Lily found a stamp and ink pad set and asked if she could get it. We thought that was a reasonable request and told her that she would have to wait until her brother was in bed to use them. She was super excited to get home to try them out. While I nursed her brother and put him to sleep that evening, her and her father apparently collaborated on a project because when I came out of my bedroom she presented me with a Happy Mother's Day card! My very first one!

I can't wait to see what the holiday holds for me in the future. Hopefully many more handmade cards.

 photo DSC07513_zps2ef6cd06.jpg
 photo DSC07507_zpsf71d5b25.jpg
 photo DSC07520_zps102f28cb.jpg
 photo DSC07526_zps79805e16.jpg
 photo DSC07537_zps7f3221b3.jpg
 photo DSC07541_zps72a993e5.jpg
 photo DSC07561_zps8df72122.jpg
 photo DSC07570_zpsa90f49fa.jpg

You can check out what we did for Mother's Day last year here.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...