Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, April 19, 2013

Pool Time Remedy

The kids and I have been battling various forms of sickness this entire week. Sore throats, coughs, conjunctivitis (pink eye) and just general exhaustion. Also, Reuben has an ear infection (I have to say though, its the first one I've ever had to deal with and its a very slight one anyway, so that's good!). So yeah, Monday hit us hard this week. By yesterday afternoon I'd had enough of hibernating in the house watching endless hours of Thomas the Train and Blues Clues so the kids and I headed outside for some sun and fun. We didn't go any further than our driveway but it was just what we needed. I cleaned out the little kiddie pool, filled it up with water, threw in some toys and dropped the kids in. I believe it was Reuben's first time in water other than the bathtub. He loved it! He kept pulling himself up to standing at the edge and even though I was sitting there spotting him he managed to fall over face first onto the concrete once. Luckily it wasn't too far down to fall so he only got some minor scrapes and bruises. He fussed for less than a minute and went back to splashing his sister. Easygoing kid, that one.

I predict that we'll be spending a lot of time in the pool this summer. Lily practically lived in it all summer long last year. And I totally realize its still technically spring, but for all intents and purposes it may as well be summer already here in Florida. Or at least only on the days when its above 80 degrees, sunny and humid...which is almost every day. :)

 photo DSC06117_zpsf5ebd6f5.jpg
 photo DSC06122_zps58c890ac.jpg
 photo pool_time_zps03b13d4b.jpg
 photo DSC06167_zps1bbcb8e5.jpg
 photo DSC06128_zps3435a95e.jpg
 photo pool_time2_zpsc1e2d3f7.jpg
 photo DSC06147_zps339a1e2b.jpg
 photo DSC06163_zps703ad632.jpg

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...