Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, December 05, 2012

O Christmas Tree

We went out last night, the four of us, and bought our Christmas tree. We went to one place and pretty much walked up to it and said "this is the one!" We were there maybe 15 minutes total. And we only spent $45 which was $5 over our budget. Buuuuuuuuuut we haven't had a real tree in several years so I figure we saved by not shelling out $40-50 for a tree every year so what's $5 this year? Right?

When did Christmas trees become so expensive? Is it because they have to ship them here (Florida) from out of state? What does a nice 6 foot tree cost where you live? I miss the days in Maine, piling in the van...or several cars...with my family and going to the same Christmas tree lot (which probably sold local trees) and buying a tree for $10. Of course that was like 15 years ago. Inflation has something to do with it I'm sure.

The plan is to decorate tonight. If I can get off my butt and off the computer so the kids and I can go to the store for some more lights and a new tree skirt.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...