Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, November 06, 2012

The Results Are In...

Photobucket

So I'm sitting here on Facebook late this evening reading my friends' status updates and feeling kind of like a calm wave in a stormy sea. On one side you have the people who are disappointed or even outright angry over tonight's presidential election results and then there are the others who are elated or perhaps gloating over their victory.

Me? I'm just happy to have had the chance to vote. To feel like I'm making a difference in the vast scheme of things.

This isn't a political post to go on and on about who I voted for and why. I just wanted to express my gratitude for those women who worked their asses off a hundred years ago so that women today could have the right to vote. Without them I wouldn't have been able to walk into the polling place this afternoon with the biggest, stupidest grin on my face and cast my vote.

Yes, I get positively giddy at the prospect of voting for the next President of the United States.

Don't you?

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...