Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, July 02, 2012

Reuben's First Week

Photobucket

Happy 1 week to my little man. I can't believe how fast time is flying by. I know its only been a week and I'll be even more astonished one day when I realize you're a month or two or even a year old, but for now I'm trying to absorb every tiny detail before it slips away to be forgotten as such things usually do. I actually get a little panicky when I think about forgetting the feel of your super soft hair, that newborn smell, or your velvety fingers and toes. Then I remember I felt the same way with Lily, and as much as I tried desperately grasping on to those memories, they eventually faded to be replaced by other ones as she grew and came into her own little personality. And that's good. Every stage is just as wondrous as the previous one.

This week has consisted of lots of sleeping, nursing and cuddling. With both Reuben and Lily too. Since the arrival of her brother, Lily has been a little bit more needy and I'm more than happy to oblige her...when I can. Sometimes logistics win out and she has to wait her turn to nurse or be held. I'm helping her to understand that. Its not always easy. Good thing she loves her brother so much already. She adores kissing and hugging him, holding his hand and just staring at him. She even tries to get him to play with her and her toys and gets very frustrated when I explain that he's too little to sit there and play with her. So we give him a couple of blocks in his lap and she's happy. She also helps me with getting burp cloths, blankets, diapers and wipes if I need them and even goes so far as helping me nurse him by squeezing my boob while he's latched on and telling me matter-of-factly "milk coming out." :)

I imagined this first week to be filled with lots of crying and late nights but it just hasn't been that way at all. Reuben seems to have moved into our family fairly smoothly and its like he's always been here. I can't imagine life without him now. And I can't seem get enough of his warm little cuddles and kisses. Sometimes I just want to hold him and never let go.

I love you so much my little Reuben.

Love, Your Mommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...