Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, April 27, 2012

A Year Ago Today

You know how you can start with a thought or action and through the course of events end up somewhere completely different from where you started?

Yeah, I know, me too.

Lily and I are sick with colds today so we're staying inside and watching a lot of Curious George and reading library books. We've both been kind of cranky and tired so after lunch I put her down for a nap and figured I would take one too. Then I thought that if I did I probably wouldn't be able to fall asleep tonight and I need my sleep at night...hard as it is to get recently. So I figured I'd get on Andrew's computer in the bedroom instead and check out Facebook and the blogs I faithfully read. As I was opening my browser I saw the Photoshop icon on the desktop and it occurred to me that I should take the opportunity, while Lily is asleep, to work on a couple photo projects for my blog. So I'm in my pictures folder on my external hard drive and I click on a random folder...just because I sometimes enjoy looking at old pictures and reminiscing (I promise you this is going somewhere). I happened to have opened the April 2011 folder and I started clicking through each picture remembering the good times. Then I realized that the pictures were from this month last year and wouldn't it be cool to post some to my blog as a here's-what-we-looked-like-and-what-we-were-doing-a-year-ago kind of thing. So I jumped to the April 27th pictures and selected a few to include. But something was tickling at my brain. Like I should know something that hadn't occurred to me yet. The date. The 27th. Lily is 22 months old today! You see, I make sure I remember the 27th each month and take a few pictures of her on that day. I've done it every month and I can't believe I almost forgot today.

So this has now turned into a happy-22-months-to-my-Lily-Bean-my-how-you've-grown-in-the-past-year post.

Enjoy!

{April 27, 2011 ~ 10 months old}
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket


{April 27, 2012 ~ 22 months old}
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...