Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, March 09, 2012

What I've Been Up To

So here we are in March already. The 9th to be exact. My dad's 68th birthday by the way. Happy Birthday Daddy!

I realized while reading over my blog that I kind of left things hanging on Day 19 with the whole Photo-A-Day thing. To be honest, the next few days just got a little bit busy and I didn't have time to take any pictures much less post them. We started cleaning up the front porch and taking boxes of old clothes and books we had stored out there to Community Services. That took one full day and its not even finished. But it does look a lot better. Then things got really fun (that's me being sarcastic). Lily woke up with a high fever one Wednesday morning and it didn't go away for almost 5 days. Normally she gets a high fever when she's teething and it lasts maybe a day and a half. This wasn't normal and by Saturday we were thinking of taking her to the urgent care center. I called my mom, a nurse, who suggested it could be strep and to check her throat for white spots. I didn't see any but I'm not a doctor/nurse, so who knows. Not ones to freak out about things like this, we decided to wait till Sunday and if things weren't better then we would take her in. She woke up still warm and feverish and I was ready to take her in. But by mid-morning she was tired and wanted to take a nap so I put her down figuring we could take her in afterwards. She woke up from her nap feeling tons better and a lot livelier so no trip to the urgent care center for us! Thank goodness, because I was reaching the end of my try-to-stay-calm-it's-not-her-fault-she's-an-absolute-grump-monster rope.

Towards the end of all this fun, we lost internet because the couple two doors down that we had a deal to "borrow" it from moved into a house they just bought. So we were without internet for about 4 days. It wasn't as torturous as I thought it would be. Alright, the first day or two were, but after a while I started doing things around the house that I'd been meaning to get to like chores and craft projects. I'll be honest though, seeing the Comcast guy standing at our door did make me smile. We got a deal where we have internet and basic cable for 6 months for a special price. We didn't want cable TV but we actually got a better price with it included. So now I can watch a lot of HGTV! And believe me I have been. :)

Then - I know you're thinking "what else could go wrong?!" - Andrew had scheduled surgery, for a small umbilical hernia he had been mildly suffering from, for last week. A friend of mine watched Lily so I could wait in the waiting room to see Andrew. The surgery went well and didn't take too long. He's not allowed to pick up or carry anything heavier than 10 pounds for a while so lets just say yours truly has taken on a lot more of the heavier lifting this past week. Its actually quite an interesting situation since I'm pregnant and can't really pick up anything too heavy anyway and he can't lift more than a cereal box. And I've forgotten to do a few things that he normally does like take the trash to the road. Its piling up quite high. Oops. I'm bad when it comes to housekeeping when he's home anyway. Its almost as if when he's home I just want to hang out with him and relax so things like the dishes and floors don't get cleaned and the place starts looking like a sty. Part of me can't wait for him to go back to work so the house can get clean again. :P

Despite all of these events I have to thank God for so many things like the absolutely beautiful weather we've been enjoying, friends who don't mind babysitting at a moments notice, Netflix and specifically the wonderful creators of Curious George, just to name a few.

I think I deserve an evening to myself after all this. Maybe a night out shopping or a movie? Its been so long...

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...