Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, August 15, 2011

An Anniversary

Andrew and I celebrated our anniversary this past Friday, August 12th. Our tenth anniversary to be exact (10th for you visual people...like me :). I know, I know. Who knew we'd make it this far?!

Ten years...it seems so long a time span but so short at the same time. So much has changed over the years and yet so much has stayed the same. We've had many adventures and experienced many highs and lows over the years. Buying our first house; my trip to Italy; moving to Orlando; finding out we were pregnant for the first time; losing the baby in the first trimester; graduating from college; getting our first professional jobs; Andrew getting laid off from said professional job while I was on maternity leave; getting pregnant again and giving birth to our beautiful daughter Lillian Estelle; many trips to Maine and Arizona to visit family; good friends and family members growing up, getting married, moving on and starting families of their own...Sniff. Ahem! That's enough nostalgia for one day. Its been a good 10 years and I can't wait to see what the next 10 bring us (a few more kids I hope!).

Here we are 10 years ago. The happily newly wedded couple. Oh if only I could go back and warn that innocent young girl. Ha ha! I kid, I kid. (Or do I?)


And here we are 10 years later. We went to Olive Garden for dinner and then made a quick stop off at the mall and Wal-Mart for ice cream. Not very romantic I know, but that's how we roll now that we have an offspring to pick up her aunt and uncle's house and get home to put to bed hopefully before 10. It was actually the first time we left her with someone else while awake for any length of time. We handled it quite well I might add. We barely talked about her during dinner and not once did we call to see how she was doing. We didn't have to. Aunt Marie' kept us updated with texts and pictures via cell phone throughout the evening so we were good in that department. :) All that worrying would have been for naught anyway, Lily didn't even notice we were gone apparently. She had her Uncle Kevin. Life is good.

Photobucket

As a gift to us, I arranged an anniversary photo shoot taken by a friend who is a photographer. He photographed our wedding too. We're breaking it up into several different shoots because of the weather. You can smile for only so long when the blazing sun is threatening to destroy your retinas. So far we had one session Saturday after church in our nice dress clothes and one Sunday morning at the park which ended when the temperature quickly inched upwards on the thermometer. Our last one is coming up in a few days if the typical evening rain shower can hold off for a day. I'll post pictures later once we have them. I can't wait to see them all. I've seen a few and so far they're looking really nice.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...